Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Visible bump

Finally, finally, I have a bump that shows up in pictures! I can still wear all of my pants but most of my work pants are starting to get tight. I can probably squeeze another couple of weeks out of them. My jeans are still fine since they sit lower than my work pants.

Check out the growth.

This was taken at 4 weeks, right after I found out I was pregnant:

I took pictures at 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 16 weeks ... still no change ... then this one at 17 weeks (I thought the bump would show up in last week's pictures, since there was no mistaking it in real life, but it didn't):

Then, today's 18-week photo. Can you believe the difference a week made?Time to get diligent about the stretch-mark-prevention cream. I wish I believed in that stuff but I think it's more about genetics (but I'll use it anyway).

P.S. Have you ever seen such a disgusting-looking sweet potato?

7 comments:

Kaitlin said...

yay!!! so cute (well, not the sweet potato. haha).

Libba said...

BRAHAHAHAH!!!! LOL!!! (about the sweet potato!!!) that was my first thought when the page opened! "oh my gosh! what IS that?"

wonderful bump and i for SURE noticed it tonight! perhaps your sweater accentuated it because it looked even more visible to me than this photo!

Libba Lemon said...

That wasn't even there this weekend, was it!? You're looking marvelous, mama!

Libba Lemon said...

PS-Have I told you how happy I am that you're posting all of this online? Wish I'd done it this way instead of my chicken-scratch-filled pregnancy journal.

Unknown said...

Thanks for clearing the picture up for me. I didn't know what that was!

Amanda said...

I seriously thought the first picture was your picture from 18 weeks. I almost started crying. But seriously, you still look like that!!! I can't wait to see your real belly bump in a couple of months!! I love you!

Anonymous said...

You got a ways to go to catch up with my huge bump! but you'll get there :). I'm so excited about the girl, I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the name! Isn't it fun feeling it move? With both babies they seem to like moving in the same spots, especially at first.